Mission Savings Fund
Increased savings for your mission
Perfect For Those Preparing to Serve
- parents setting up a Mission Savings Fund for their children
- teenagers planning to serve a mission
- grandparent / family members / friends looking to set up a Mission Savings Fund for a youth
- adults planning to serve a mission
Rates quoted as annual percentage yield (APY). The APY applies to balances beginning at $0.01. Fees could reduce earnings. Rates subject to change after account opening. Additional products and rates are listed here.
Designed for Future Missionaries
Proudly Serving Members and Employees of The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints
In the 1950s, the First Presidency of the Church realized that employees of the church offices needed access to financial services; they decided to help provide these much-needed services. On August 4th, 1955, the LDS Church Office Credit Union was founded. Gordon B. Hinckley was one of the first board members.
The first branch was established in 1974, and the membership was expanded to include any employee of The Church. After steady growth in the 80s, the credit union changed its name to Deseret First Credit Union. It expanded its membership to include all members and family members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
We now have over 70,000 members across the nation and have been able to put our members first with our unique products and services.
Want to know more about how Deseret First could be the right fit for you and your financial needs? Want to learn more aobut how we serve our members across the nation or how we understand and respect your values and can help you align your financial needs with your values? Learn more by clicking the button below.Learn More
- Membership and eligibility required.
- For youth/minor accounts, bring in the minor’s social security card or bring their social security number and birth certificate.
- One free withdrawal allowed every 6 months. A $25.00 fee is charged for additional withdrawals within the 6-month time frame.
Membership and eligibility required. Terms and conditions apply. Accounts are federally insured by the NCUA. *APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Higher rate APY is up to $15,000; regular rate over $15,000.