Mission Savings Fund
I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a cent or two…
Perfect For Those Preparing to Serve
At Deseret First we understand it’s a financial sacrifice to serve a mission. So we created the Mission Savings Fund to help future missionaries. This teaches young members how to manage their finances before they head out on their own. At the same time they’ll earn great returns towards their missionary service!
Our goal is to offer support to help youth save, learn financial management, and be able to pay for their mission. Thus it’s the perfect option for:
- parents setting up a Mission Savings Fund for their children
- teenagers planning to serve a mission
- grandparent / family members / friends looking to set up a Mission Savings Fund for a youth
|Savings Amount||Rate||APY||Loyalty Rate||Loyalty APY|
Rates quoted as annual percentage yield (APY). The APY applies to balances beginning at $0.01. Fees could reduce earnings. Rates subject to change after account opening. Additional products and rates are listed here.
Designed for Future Missionaries
- Must be 22 or younger to open a Mission Savings Fund.
- Membership and eligibility required.
- For youth/minor accounts, bring in the minor’s social security card or bring their social security number and birth certificate.
- One free withdrawal allowed every 6 months. A $25.00 fee is charged for additional withdrawals within the 6-month time frame.
Apply online today! For questions or to apply directly with a representative, call 801-456-7000 or 800-326-3328. Available weekdays: 8am-7pm, Sat: 9am-2pm. Additionally, you may visit any Deseret First Branch.
Membership and eligibility required. Terms and conditions apply. Accounts are federally insured by the NCUA. *APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Higher rate APY is up to $15,000; regular rate over $15,000.
Help other LDS Missionaries!
Many missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints get a call, but don’t have the ability to buy all the supplies needed for their mission. The Deseret First Charitable Foundation helps these missionaries get the supplies they need. We buy anything from shoes, suits, and dresses, to luggage and books! Donate today so we can give to missionaries who need a little extra help so they are able to serve!About our Charity